Membership is open to all persons who are interested in cultivating, conserving and studying the Australian flora, and who undertake to observe and further the aims of the society.
Membership of our organisation offers:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Take part in excursions to study plants in cultivation and in their natural habitats
- Obtain free seed from the Native Plants Queensland Seed Bank
- Borrow books from the Native Plants Queensland Library
- Receive quarterly issues of the Native Plants Queensland Journal, which carries details of activities and articles of interest to Queensland members. (Full Year memberships receive June, September, December & March issues. Half year memberships recieve December & March issues only)
- Join an Australian Native Plant Society (Australia)(ANPSA) Study Group to learn more about a particular group of plants or plant communities
- Attend Conferences in Queensland and interstate to meet with members from other areas, listen to interesting talks and take part in tours and day trips to places of botanical and scenic interest
- Take part in Flower Shows and Plants Markets to help display Australian native plants to the general public
- Become involved in branch projects involving native plants and revegetation with local species.
- New members also receive an “Information pack” including Welcome letter, Constitution, Information booklet, brochures and a sample Australian Plants journal.
You are welcome to join one (or more) of our Branches and national Study Groups. Branch membership is an option available only to Native Plants Queensland members. Branch fees (typically $5-$10 per year) apply and are payable direct to the branch. Visitors are welcome at Region, Branch and Study Group meetings
New Membership Application Fees (within Australia) for the 2017 - 18 membership year are:
New Members - Ordinary Membership – for 1 person or organisation
Full Year (From 1 April to 31 March) $45
Half Year (From 1 October to 31 March) (Half Year NOT available for 1 Apr to 31 Sep) $25
New Student Members
Full-time Student in Australia. (Please supply proof - e.g. photocopy of student card)
Full Year (From 1 April to 31 March ) (Student Half Year NOT available) $33
Extra Persons - per person at same address
(Please supply full names for both insurance and membership purposes) $2-00
Please use your personalised renewal form. We will be offering online renewals soon.
Journal Only Subscription
A Journal Only Subscription is also available for some organisations (e.g. Council libraries) and individuals resident interstate or overseas. Please contact the Membership Officer for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other membership options
For three or more members at the same address please complete the paper form and return to membership officer.
You can join by completing and sending a Membership Application Form to the Membership Officer at the address below:
Native Plants Queensland
PO Box 5702
Brendale Qld 4500
A copy of our constitution can be found here.
Australian Plants Journal Subscription
If you would also like to subscribe to the Australian Plant Society NSW's Australian Plants Journal, click here.
Native Plants Queensland respects the privacy of current and past members. Details of our members are advised to our Region and Branch officers and Queensland based Study group leaders for use only in accordance with the Society’s Objectives. Summary details (name & district only) of new members are published in our Journal. Selected details only of current memberships may also be kept in a secure database to enable access to the “members only” section of our website.
Society for Growing Australian Plants (Queensland Region) Inc ABN 92 312 012 800 (NOT registered for GST) Trading as: Native Plants Queensland