Enjoy our native plant treasures
Native Plants Queensland has enthusiastic members who cultivate, conserve and study our native plants.
How you can participate:
- Attend a meeting — Native Plants Queensland branches conduct daytime or night time monthly meetings where you can obtain information, listen to guest speakers, use the library, go on garden visits or bush excursions together with other knowledgeable members.
- Join a study group — if you’d like to find out more about a specific group of plants such as grevilleas, wallum heathland, small plants or ferns.
- Buy plants at our plant markets —for very reasonable prices you can choose from a wide variety of native plants - many of which are not available from commercial nurseries - at our plant sales held throughout the year in the Brisbane area.
- Visit our Native Flower Show — held in the Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens Auditorium, this wonderful Spring display showcases the amazing diversity of Australian native flora.
- Become a member — all members receive our quarterly Native Plants Queensland Journal which is packed with interesting information on our native plants. Members are also able to access the NPQ forums where they can ask questions and share advice.